Monday, May 10, 2010

Restart

Well hello everyone. Its been quite a while but like any other crack junkie on the street I was not realy able to hold my hands still.

So what happend? Well. Personaly I got back from hell, finished my bachelor thesis (BA of bullshit engeneering) and got some time to spend.

In the meanwhile of course I noticed some changes in the WoW Scene. Some new Projects came up, like Cromon's fancy tools, some other things died like emupedia, and many things just dont do any progress. like ... aw, im sure you know bout them.

Whatsoever. Once I anounced Lyn as new and rewritten Taliis core. And well. Last days I did some work on it.

Lyn is a xml driven file handling routine for chunked file formats in WoW.
XM-whatthefuck? Yeah. Of course it wont provide the same speed as the direct struct streaming that many of the c++ coders love. But in fact its dynamic.

So its not wrong if you try to say that lyn will become the new taliis core. Its more flexible because you can change the file structure just by adding some lines to the XML file. Its stable because many experiences that I did due the evolution of taliis went into this new design. And after all, its faster since we dont use a java framework anymore.

The current state of lyn is that we can parse files and read out (visualisize) the ADT Surfaces.

My distance-goal for lyn is NOT to write another noggit clone - even noggit still SUCKS LIKE SHIT. I think cromon allready had a neat start and even its possible that cromon and I will work on the same code. I wont focus on ADT anymore.
So its WMO. Yeah. I think with lyn I want to write a nice toolset for WMO models, levels and other stuff.


But we will see

Ganku



Oh. And well. The project went close source because some "old members" of the project had nothing better to do than stealing MY class model. Serious. If u do something like this as least stop recoding Java-Like Classes in C++. Its a different language! U code in a different way and you are using different tools. Thats just fail! gosh -.-"

3 comments:

James Anderson said...

hehe good to have you back man

arrai said...

gz tharo for finishing your thesis :)

Flavor said...

I'm working on some NGPC hardware (ngpc.freeplaytech.com) at the moment. It was suggested that I look into Wonderswan, too. Dox mentioned that I should talk to you. Did you make your own homebrew flash cart for WS?